Hey there Stampers,
I want to show you a quick & easy way to decorate a plain gift box and make the recipient say, “who cares what’s inside…….look at the packaging!!!!” (hahaha)
This is what you will need: any size plain white gift box, a craft mat (or wax paper), Versa & coloured dye ink, embossing powder, a heat gun, acrylic block, cotton balls, Stickles & your favourite mSB stamp set. I chose one of the latest & greatest: Pennants.
1. Stamp several images onto your gift box using VersaMark ink, adding embossing powder to the images as you stamp. Heat the images with your heat gun.
2. Continue around the entire gift box. You will now have several embossed images covering your box (white on white). The images will be hard to see, but watch what happens during the next step.
3. When you apply the ink (I’m using a deep purple) with the cotton ball, the embossed images will pop. I rubbed the ink all over the box and embossed images and then wiped off the ink on the embossed stamped images to reveal a crisp white image (see photo below).
4. I completed the process by adding a banner ribbon to the top of the embossed images with Stickles. This had to dry overnight.
5. I stamped another Pennant image on plain white cardstock and pop-dotted it to the front of the gift box. Some cute embellishments & ribbon add some whimsy.
I hope you have fun creating your own gift box today. My daughter has already claimed this one for her next party invite.
Here’s another take on the same project……only more winter-inspired. I used the Let It Snow! stamp set.
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow and join us for our “Love Train” Blog Hop. You’ll want to hitch a ride with us and be inspired by all the projects & layouts we want to share with you.
enjoy your day,